For students planning to begin college in the fall of 2019, spring of 2020 or summer of 2020, the FAFSA may be completed after October 1, 2018.
- The 2019-20 FAFSA income information is based on prior-prior year (2017) income, which eliminates the need to estimate tax information.
- If eligible, you (and parents / spouse as applicable) are strongly encouraged to use the IRS Data Retrieval Tool (DRT) to import your 2017 IRS tax information into the FAFSA. Doing so will reduce the chance that Andrew College will be required to verify the accuracy of your information. You will access the DRT through the FAFSA.
- On the FAFSA, enter the Andrew College's school code of 001545 so that we get the results.
- The 2018-19 Andrew College FAFSA filing priority date is April 1, 2019, to be considered for maximum financial aid assistance. However, you should complete the FAFSA as soon as possible.
- To complete the FAFSA, please visit www.fafsa.ed.gov.
- You and a parent will be required to apply for separate FSA-ID’s. The FSA-ID is your electronic signature for the FAFSA, and you will keep the same FSA-ID number throughout your college career. The FSA-ID website is https://fsaid.ed.gov/. Please note that it will take 1-3 days from the time you apply for the FSA-ID until you receive your official FSA-ID.
Between 20% and 35% of FAFSA’s are selected for verification. Verification is the process by which certain required data reported on the FAFSA is reviewed for accuracy and completeness. If your FAFSA is chosen for the standard V1 verification, you will be required to submit the following documentation:
·A current IRS Tax Return Transcript for your parent(s’) and yourself, if you filed. Tax Return Transcripts can be ordered online at www.irs.gov or by phone at 1-800-908-9946. If you were able to use the IRS Data Retrieval Tool during the completion of your FAFSA, you will not be required to provide the IRS Tax Return Transcript.
·A current IRS Tax Return Transcript for you and if you are married, your spouse. Tax Return transcripts can be ordered online at www.irs.gov or by phone at 1-800-908-9946. If you were able to use the IRS Data Retrieval Tool during the completion of your FAFSA, you will not be required to provide the IRS Tax Return Transcript.
If you were selected for another verification category (V4 or V5), please contact the Andrew College financial aid office via email to request the proper form.
For more information on these grants, please visit www.FederalStudentAid.ed.gov.
The Andrew College FAFSA code is 001545