An important aspect of student life is a proper spiritual foundation. Wesley Fellowship, the Baptist Student Union and Fellowship of Christian Athletes are organizations that provide leadership in the religious life area of college. Interdenominational chapel services are held regularly.
In addition, local churches extend a cordial welcome to Andrew students. The minister of the Cuthbert United Methodist Church serves as the campus chaplain and is responsible for chapel services. The chaplain also serves as an advisor to Wesley Fellowship and is available for personal guidance.
Someone once said that the important questions in life are always short ones, like:
Who am I?
What is life?
Is there a God?
Where am I going?
Weekly Chapel services on Wednesday at 7:00 p.m. give students the opportunity to worship together, to share their lives in meaningful ways, and, at times, to wrestle with the short answers in life. If we don't answer these well, it doesn't matter how well we answer the others.
End of the Week Prayer
11:00 a.m. Fridays (during the academic year)
This 20-minute service held in the Lower Chapel (just below the main sanctuary) is led by Chapel staff and includes scripture and prayer. Chaplain prays for Andrew College every Friday. Please join in prayer for Andrew, either in spirit in your own space or in person in the Chaplain's office.
Members of the campus community are invited to use this linked form to submit a prayer request. There is an anonymous option, and Rev. Susan Beverly checks the requests daily and prays for them throughout the week of submission. Please send another request to keep it on the prayer list for another week. Of course, you are invited to come by the Chaplain’s office for prayer in person as well!
AC Wesley is more than a club! It’s a faith community committed to growing faith and building community by living into the Words of Jesus to love God and our neighbor as ourselves.
AC Wesley sponsors Thrive Worship, held on Sunday nights in the Jones Chapel at 7:30 p.m.
Come and experience the difference the love of God makes in Christian community as we grow our faith and build community in service and in love.
- Weekly Lunch Meeting --There are weekly lunch opportunities to gather and eat together in the dining hall. (TBA)
- Monthly Dinner and a Movie!--There will be a monthly fellowship open to the Andrew College community…enjoy a great dinner and encouraging movie.(TBA)
- Service Projects--AC Wesley members will identify service projects and actively support our Andrew College community and neighbors.
- Sunday School --The Chaplain has a Sunday School class for young adults at Cuthbert United Methodist Church, located a short walking distance away at 187 Lumpkin Street, beginning at 10 a.m. on Sunday mornings. The class features prayer, Bible study, and Christian fellowship
- Chapel Prayer and Meditation--Jones Chapel is open from sunup to sundown for the Andrew College community
Each year, the South Georgia Conference of the United Methodist Church designates a Sunday as Andrew College Sunday. This is a time when Andrew reaches out to all Methodists in the South Georgia Conference to support our mission of providing a quality education within a nurturing community. The date for 2018 is February 11.