FEDERAL STUDENT AID
Federal Student Aid is money provided by the Federal Government to help students pay for college. To apply for Federal Student Aid, students are required to complete the Free Application for Federal Student Aid, also referred to as the FAFSA.
Types of Federal Student Aid available include the following:
- Federal Pell Grant
- Federal Supplemental Educational Opportunity Grants
- Federal College Work Study
- Federal Direct Student Loans – www.studentloans.gov
- Federal Direct Parent PLUS Loans – www.studentloans.gov
Verification is the process by which certain required data reported on the FAFSA is reviewed for accuracy and completeness. If your FAFSA is chosen for verification you will be required to submit the following documentation:
- Dependent Student Verification Worksheet
- A current IRS Tax Return Transcript for your parent(s’) and yourself, if you filed. Tax Return Transcripts can be ordered online at www.irs.gov or by phone at 1-800-908-9946. If you chose to use the IRS Data Retrieval Tool during the completion of your FAFSA, you will not be required to provide the IRS Tax Return Transcript.
- Independent Student Verification Worksheet
- A current IRS Tax Return Transcript for you and if you are married, your spouse. Tax Return transcripts can be ordered online at www.irs.gov or by phone at 1-800-908-9946. If you chose to use the IRS Data Retrieval Tool during the completion of your FAFSA, you will not be required to provide the IRS Tax Return Transcript.
For more information on these grants, please visit www.FederalStudentAid.ed.gov.
Grants available are:
- Merit-based HOPE Scholarship
- Georgia Tuition Equalization Grant (GTEG) for residents of Georgia attending a private college or university
Loans available are:
- Student Access Loan Program - This program provides a low interest loan to eligible students who have unmet financial need.
ANDREW COLLEGE INSTITUTIONAL AID
- Academic Scholarships
- Presidential Scholarship
- Jim Brim Scholarship
- Thomas Marshall Scholarship
- Margaret Pitts Scholarship
- Tiger Grants
- Mass Media
- Sports Management
- Athletic Scholarships
- Baseball or Fast Pitch Softball
- Men’s/Women’s Soccer
- Men’s Golf
- Women’s Basketball
- Women’s Volleyball
- Fine Arts Scholarship