The purpose of the Education Program is to introduce students to the field of education by providing rigorous instruction in Education courses, and to provide classroom field experiences. Students/Graduates will meet the introductory requirements set forth by the Georgia Professional Standards Commission, and possess the knowledge and skills necessary to be successful in a baccalaureate Education program.
Education Academic Discipline and Courses
Teachers Affecting Generations (TAG)
The mission of Teachers Affecting Generations is to inform and inspire others in the career of teaching and to make a difference in the community by working with educators and students and their families to promote and model a positive attitude and environment for learning for future generations.
The purpose of TAG is to:
- Attract and inspire students of great character and motivation, as positive role models, to the teaching profession.
- Bring awareness as to the importance of reading by second grade.
- Appreciate, honor, and encourage our teachers.
- Pursue wisdom thereby increasing knowledge and awareness of diversity in our American culture and classrooms, honoring all people as equal yet different.
Field Experience Opportunities
Education students earn real classroom experience as a Freshman and Sophomore. Students participate in directed field experiences at local schools, and on campus.
Transfer Institution Opportunities
Education graduates can transfer seamlessly to the following four-year partner institutions.
- Columbus State University, Columbus, GA
- Georgia Southwestern State University, Americus, GA
- Albany State University, Albany, GA
Program Contact Information
501 College Street
Cuthbert, GA 39840
229-732-5988 – office
229-732-5994 – fax