An important aspect of student life is a proper spiritual foundation. Wesley Fellowship, the Baptist Student Union and Fellowship of Christian Athletes are organizations that provide leadership in the religious life area of college. Interdenominational chapel services are held regularly.
In addition, local churches extend a cordial welcome to Andrew students. The minister of the Cuthbert United Methodist Church serves as the campus chaplain and is responsible for chapel services. The chaplain also serves as an advisor to Wesley Fellowship and is available for personal guidance.
Someone once said that the important questions in life are always short ones, like:
Who am I?
What is life?
Is there a God?
Where am I going?
Chapel Services on campus
The Thrive worship is held on Sunday night at 7:30 p.m. in the Jones Chapel, followed by a fellowship time.
Chapel Services at the United Methodist Church, 187 Lumpkin Street
Monday and Wednesday, 9:00am-10:55am, 1:00pm to 3:00pm
The Chaplain is available for appointments whenever any member of the Andrew College Campus community would like spiritual guidance or prayer. Appointments can be made by email: email@example.com and in the case of emergencies Rev. Susan Beverly may be reached at 229-206-2991.
Submit a Prayer Request
Members of the campus community are invited to use this linked form to submit a prayer request. There is an anonymous option, and Rev. Susan Beverly checks the requests daily and prays for them throughout the week of submission. Please send another request to keep it on the prayer list for another week. Of course, you are invited to come by the Chaplain’s office for prayer in person as well!
AC Wesley is more than a club! It’s a faith community committed to growing faith and building community by living into the Words of Jesus to love God and our neighbor as ourselves.
Sunday evenings in Jones Chapel (Begin August 19)
Music Hangout and Fine Arts Symposium 6:00pm (Open to everyone, instrumentalists, singers, dancers, actors, poets, artists)
Worship Alive (Chapel Service) 7:30pm
Fellowship (Immediately following the Chapel Service) 7:45pm
- Wonderful Wednesdays --
Sponsored by Wesley Fellowship in the Andrew college Private Dining Hall (Begins August 16) Wonderful Wednesdays begin at 12 Noon to 1:00pm in the PDR. This is a weekly meeting that is open to all faculty and students. We gather, pray, share, sing a song or two, eat together and enjoy fellowship as we encourage one another. It is open-ended so that students and faculty may drop in if your schedule interferes with the 12 Noon start time. The Chaplain will be in the PDR about 11:45am to greet and encourage all whose schedules make it necessary to eat early and I will be visiting in the dining hall for about 15 minutes after the meeting.
- Monthly Dinner and a Movie!--There will be a monthly fellowship open to the Andrew College community…enjoy a great dinner and encouraging movie.(TBA)
- Service Projects--AC Wesley members will identify service projects and actively support our Andrew College community and neighbors.
- Small Group Bible Studies Monday and Wednesday evenings and Saturday afternoons (Begin week of August20) There will be student-led small group Bible Studies for women and men that will meet on Monday and Wednesdays in the evenings. Each small group will choose their location and meeting time based on the schedules of the group members. There will be Saturday opportunities set by the group leaders open to anyone who would like to join the Bible Study and enjoy encouragement and fellowship. The place to begin is to contact Brendon Dempsey 229-583-2729 cell for men's small groups or Lena Boyette for women's small groups 229-272-3434
- Sunday School --The Chaplain has a Sunday School class for young adults at Cuthbert United Methodist Church, located a short walking distance away at 187 Lumpkin Street, beginning at 9:45 a.m. on Sunday mornings. The class features prayer, Bible study, and Christian fellowship
- Chapel Prayer and Meditation--Jones Chapel is open from sunup to sundown for the Andrew College community
Each year, the South Georgia Conference of the United Methodist Church designates a Sunday as Andrew College Sunday. This is a time when Andrew reaches out to all Methodists in the South Georgia Conference to support our mission of providing a quality education within a nurturing community. The date for 2019.