1. Entrance Loan Counseling
Before receiving any federal student loans (including Stafford or PLUS Loans), borrowers MUST complete an entrance counseling session. This quick and interactive counseling session provides useful tips and tools to help you develop a budget for managing your education expenses and helps you understand your loan responsibilities.
Please allow approximately 30 minutes to complete this process.
To complete this requirement, please complete the following steps:
1. Go to www.studentloans.gov.
2. Click on the blue “Log in” on the top right hand side
3. Use your (student’s) FSA ID and Password to log-in (Accept the Disclaimer)
4. Under the “I WANT TO” section select Complete Loan Counseling
5. Select ENTRANCE LOAN COUNSELING, it should be the first loan counseling option to select
6. Complete the session. Be sure that you have selected to notify ANDREW COLLEGE
7. Once you have completed the Entrance Counseling, please continue to complete the Master Promissory Note.
2. Master Promissory Note
The Federal Direct Master Promissory Note is a legal document listing the terms and conditions under which you repay your loan(s).
You will be required to list two references. One reference can be a parent, and the other must be someone that lives at a different address.
1. Make sure you are logged on to www.studentloans.gov. (Follow the directions listed above).
2. Under the “I WANT TO” section select “Complete Loan Agreement (MPN)
3. Select the first option “MPN for Subsidized/Unsubsidized Loans”
4. Complete the required information.
5. The Institutional Title IV form MUST be completed by all students receiving funds from state, federal, or institutional sources including grants, loans, and scholarhips.
Student Authorization to Andrew College regarding use of Title IV
3. Parent PLUS Loan
The Parent Plus Loan (PPL) is a credit based loan that PARENTS can apply to to help cover their student’s balance. Since the loan is credit based there will be a required credit check. If a parent is DENIED there are still options and the parent or student must contact the Financial Aid Office immediately to discuss options for extra unsubsidized loans or getting an endorser. This process must be completed first before any other steps can be taken in order to determine eligibility. Whether you are accepted or denied please, inform the FA office that you are pursuing this loan through email.
1. Go to www.studentloans.gov.
2. Click on the blue SIGN IN button. You will need the PARENT’s FSA-ID (from FAFSA) and Password to sign in.
(NOTE: The PARENT, not the student, must log in to complete the Parent PLUS Loan information. Please DO NOT use the student information to log in.)
3. Under the “I WANT TO” section select “Apply for Direct Plus Loan”
4. Choose the second option “Direct PLUS Loan Application for Parents”
5. Complete the Plus Loan Application
6. Parents must then complete the MPN for the Parent Plus Loan. Follow the instructions above but be sure to select “PLUS MPN for Parents” (This will be third from the top)
7. There is an Institutional Title IV form that all parents using this loan MUST complete. Please, contact the office of Financial Aid to receive this document or use the link below
4. Student Access Loan - through the Georgia Student Finance Commission.
5. United Methodist Loan