The Honors Program provides opportunities for students to develop their academic and leadership potential, and to serve the college and community. Participants in the program:
- Enroll in Honors courses across the Andrew College curriculum;
- Become part of a learning community through membership in Phi Theta Kappa and other campus organizations devoted to academic excellence and service;
- Take advantage of special field trips and activities specific for honors students; and
- Enhance their prospects for transfer to a top university by completing the Honors Program curriculum and receiving a letter of recommendation from the president
Program and Course Requirements
As Honors Program participants, students must maintain an overall GPA of at least 3.0 and participate in Honors activities on a regular basis. To graduate in the Honors Program, students must complete fifteen hours of Honors courses with a minimum overall GPA of 3.2. A student who graduates in the Honors Program will receive a notation on their transcripts and may wear an Honors cord at commencement.
Honors Program courses are designed to strengthen analytical and communication skills, to promote independent research, and to facilitate scholarly exchange. Andrew College offers a number of full and embedded Honors courses every semester
To be eligible for the Andrew Honors Program, current and prospective students must:
- Have earned a college prep high school diploma;
- Have scored at least 1000 on the SAT with at least a 460 in both verbal and math portions of the SAT or 20 on the ACT;
- Have an evaluated high school GPA of 3.0 or higher;
- Be accepted to Andrew College with no conditions;
- Register for at least twelve semester hours; and
- Maintain a grade point average (GPA) of 3.0 or higher.
How to Apply to the Honors Program
- Complete the Honor Program Admission Application
- Meet the criteria outlined above in Program Eligibility.
Charles Kenneth Roberts, PhD
Assistant Professor of History
Honors Program Coordinator
501 College Street
Cuthbert, GA 39840