Even if you do not fully meet all the requirements for admission to Andrew College, you still may find a home here through our Summer Bridge Program. This program is designed for students who are admitted under “conditional” or “provisional” admission to Andrew College. Typically, this means that your SAT or ACT score requires you to take English and/or math placement tests prior to registration. Through the Summer Bridge Program, you will be enrolled in courses structured to prepare you for college-level work in the fall. More information about admissions requirements can be found on our web site under “Admissions”, “Admission Requirements.”
Important information you should know:
- The Bridge Program is a cohort of students who will live in the dorms, dine together, take courses together, and participate in activities together to build friendships and to become acquainted with the college atmosphere.
- As a Bridge student, you are permitted to take College Success, appropriate Math and/or English learning support courses, as well as other college-level courses that do not require pre-requisite courses.
- The Bridge Program is one semester, the Summer semester prior to your first Fall semester.
- If you earn a “C” or higher in the College Success course as well as any of the required English or Math learning support courses, your admission status will be updated to “unconditional.”
- If you do not earn a "C" in each course during Bridge, you will have the opportunity to re-take the courses once more during a regular semester. See more information on our learning support requirements in our College Catalog.
- Please preview our Frequently Asked Questions regarding the program.
- What is the Summer Bridge Program?
- How do I qualify for this program?
- Will I be considered a Full-time or Part-time student?
- How do I apply?
- Can I get Financial Aid to pay for the Bridge Program?
- What are the dates of the Bridge Program?
FREQUENTLY ASKED QUESTIONS
The Bridge Program will provide you an opportunity to take learning support courses in the summer prior to your first Fall semester at Andrew. This will help you stay on track with your expected graduation date. During the Bridge semester, you will be enrolled in courses designed specifically for "bridging the gap" to a continued and successful college career.
Bridge courses consist of a College Success course, as well as appropriate Math and/or English learning support courses based on your scores on the Accuplacer exam, given the first day of the program. There may also be other courses offered during the summer semester for which you may register. You will be housed on campus and also student activities designed specifically for you.
Throughout the semester, faculty and staff on our Bridge team will assist you by teaching you skills needed for success in college. The Bridge Program connects you with campus resources so that you can thrive at Andrew College.
There is no separate application for the Bridge Program. The program is open to any incoming freshman student awarded “conditional” or “provisional” acceptance to Andrew College.
If you elect to attend the Summer Bridge Program, you are enrolled in at least two courses for a total of at least 6 hours. If you take additional courses, you could achieve full-time status (12 hours is full time). For more information regarding how full-time vs. part-time status affects your financial aid, please email the Andrew College financial aid office at firstname.lastname@example.org, or see more information on our web page under “Financial Aid/Scholarships."
To enroll in the Summer Bridge Program, students should complete the Summer Bridge Program Enrollment Form and submit a non-refundable $50 deposit by May 15.
The cost for the Bridge Program is based on summer tuition and room rates, and is dependent on the number of hours for which you register. Financial aid is available for the Summer Bridge Program for qualified applicants. To see if you qualify for financial aid for the Summer Bridge Program, you will need to fill out the FAFSA form for 2017-2018 school year. (In addition, you need to fill out the FAFSA form for 2018-2019 for Fall).
The Bridge Program runs from May 31-July 27, 2018. Information on summer courses may be found on the Andrew College summer schedule, located on our website under “Academics”, “Calendar/Course Schedule”.